Welcome to the Complex
“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair. It is more powerful than government in breaking down racial barriers.”
~ Nelson Mandela
Reveal the Field
Come celebrate the completion of the J. Tyke Nollman Field with the Chicago Lions and Chicago Hope Academy on Saturday, September 21st the best way we know how. Watching rugby.
To build a premier sports complex for the youth of Chicago’s North Lawndale and East Garfield Park communities. Through rugby and other sports, this Lions for Hope Complex will extend life opportunities for the children and young adults in this area to build their social capital. This facility will be considered a safe haven for those looking to grow and thrive within one of the most volatile areas of the US.
The Lions for Hope Sports Complex will provide a safe place for the community to gather. Athletic fields will provide at-risk children the opportunity to participate in a variety of sports and extracurricular activities within their own community. Athletics and education come together by forming partnerships with local schools and community organizations to provide mentoring programs that encourage children to stay in school.
We will accomplish this by:
- Continuing our successful partnership with Chicago Hope Academy
- Providing a facility for the Noble Charter Schools and other Chicago Public Schools for their outdoor athletics
- Partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metropolitan Chicago
- Providing a safe haven for youth in the neighborhood
- Offering summer and holiday camps/activities to provide safe alternatives to gangs and violence
- Developing a mentor program by partnering with existing programs and utilizing the CLCA network
- Develop a grassroots rugby pathway for the surrounding community headed by the Chicago Lions’ Director of Youth Rugby
- Dome revenues will guarantee the self-sufficiency of the complex and reduce reliance on annual fundraising
Ways to Support
- Spread the word about the campaign through your social channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Connect us with individuals, corporations, or foundations that may be interested in this project
- Donate to the campaign at www.lionsforhopesc.org/donate/
Let's Work Together
If you’re interested in helping the CLCA and want to learn more, please get in touch. This is a great opportunity to give back to the Chicago community!
Lions for Hope Sports Complex
2637 West Polk Avenue
Chicago, IL 60612