Hope Academy and CLCA
The Lions Youth Rugby program began in May 2018 after Chicago Lions hired a Director of Youth Rugby, Andy Rose.
In July 2019, Wapiti Youth Rugby, an established Chicago youth rugby club, merged with the Chicago Hope High School Rugby Club and were folded into the Chicago Lions. Wapiti had a 10-year track record of running youth rugby programs in Chicago. The addition of Wapiti’s Rookie Rugby and middle-school to the existing Hope High School team, all under the Lions’ umbrella, allows the Lions to offer a comprehensive and unified rugby program from age 4 through middle and high school and into Senior (Adult) rugby. The Lions Youth Rugby Program has 150+ participants across the program (and is rapidly growing), and now operates year-round.
There are 25+ high schools and 50+ middle schools within 2 miles of in the immediate area, making over 20,000 deserving students candidates for this program.
With additional mentors and funding, Chicago Lions believes it will continue its impact and growth, as well as have a positive influence on all eligible students. Additionally, we will gain a representative sample size for data collection and impact evaluation.
The entire facility has the capacity to include the following:
- Rooms for educational experiences
- Space to house activities for community organizations
- Dog park
- Space for walking and leisure
- Two artificial turf lighted fields for rugby, soccer, baseball and other field sports, as well as potentail for golf, and other programs
- Seating for the main field (capacity from 3,000 to 5,500)
- Fieldhouse with a range of amenities for players, guests and community
- Main room capable of hosting events
- Commercial kitchen
- Deck and viewing area with visibility to both fields
- Four locker rooms with plumbing
- Multi-purpose room (weight room/athletic trainer)
- Concession stand
- Dome East field for use throughout the winter
- General green space
Ways to Support
This is a great opportunity to give back to the Chicago community!
- Spread the word about the campaign through your social channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Connect us with individuals, corporations, or foundations that may be interested in this project
- Donate to the campaign at www.lionsforhopesc.org/donate/
Let's Work Together
If you’re interested in helping the CLCA and want to learn more, please get in touch. If you do not wish to donate online, you can mail a donation to:
Chicago Lions Charitable Association
PO Box 532
Northbrook, IL 60065
The Lions for Hope Sports Complex is located at 2637 West Polk Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612.
Executive Director, Chicago Lions Rugby